Notice Regarding Minors
We do not knowingly collect, maintain, or use personal information from children under 18 years of age, and no part of the Site is directed to children. By using the Site, you represent that you are at least the age of majority in your state or province of residence, or that you are the age of majority in your state or province of residence and you have given us your consent to allow any of your minor dependents to use this site. IF YOU ARE UNDER 18 YEARS OLD, DO NOT USE THE SITE.
If you learn that a child has provided us with personal information in violation of this Policy, or you are under 18 and would like the information provided to us removed, please alert us at email@example.com.
What Personal Information We May Collect from Individuals Who Access the Site:
- Information Provided by You
We receive your personal information if: (1) you submit such information to us voluntarily, such as to our contact email address or by other means to us or our agent; or (2) you enter into our promotions and contests using your personal information, which entry is entirely voluntary. If you engage in any of these activities on the Site, you may be asked to provide information such as your name, email address, mailing address, telephone number, age group, date of birth, gender and product and/or concerns, and information about the brands and products you use.
- Aggregated Demographic Information
The Company may also gather aggregated demographic information through its tracking of Internet Protocol (“IP”) addresses, web beacons, log files, browser types, domain names and servers, operating system types, date and time of access, types of devices or computers accessing the Site, types of web browsers used to access the Site and other types of traffic data (collectively “Traffic Data”). This information is not intended to be used by Company in a way that could potentially identify a particular person. See below for more information regarding what Traffic Data we collect and how it is used.
You understand that third-party social media websites that the Company may use, such as Facebook, Instagram and Twitter, are tools that allow you to communicate with members of the online community. As such, whenever you give out personal information in public areas, that information can be collected and used by others. We are not responsible for any information you provide publicly or to third parties, including, but not limited to, information you provide on the Company’s Facebook or Twitter pages.
- Via Promotions, Surveys & Contests
On occasion, Company requests information from users via promotions, surveys or contests. Participation in these promotions, surveys or contests is completely voluntary. Information requested may include name, email address, mailing address, telephone number, age group, date of birth, gender, and information about the brands and products you use and/or your concerns. If you do not consent to providing any of these types of information, do not participate in the survey or contest. Contact information will be used to notify the winners and award prizes, as well as to notify past participants of future promotions, if they have opted to receive such communications at the time of their initial entry or participation.
- Web Beacons
We may use web beacons (or clear GIF’s) on our Site or include them in the email messages we send you. Web beacons are small strings of code that provide a method of delivering a graphic image on a web page or in an email message for the purpose of transferring data. We use web beacons for many purposes, including site traffic reporting, unique visitor counts, advertising and email auditing and reporting, and personalization. Information gathered through web beacons may be linked to your personal information. Some of our affiliates or vendors may also use web beacons on the Site. However, we have no access to, or control over, these web beacons and do not accept any responsibility for such use.
- IP Addresses
An IP address is a number that is used by computers on the network to identify your computer every time you log on to the Internet. The Company and its affiliates or vendors may also keep track of IP addresses to troubleshoot technical concerns and to maintain website safety and security. We may, in addition, use IP addresses to analyze trends, administer the Site, track traffic patterns, and gather demographic information for aggregate use.
- Log Files
Company may collect information in the form of logs – files that record website activity and gather statistics about web users’ browsing habits. These entries are generated anonymously when possible, and help us determine (among other things) how many and how often users have visited the Site, which pages you have visited, and other similar data (a.k.a., navigational data). We also use the log file entries for our internal marketing and demographic studies, so we can constantly improve the online services we provide you. Log files are used internally only, and are not associated with any particular user, computer, or browser. Some of our affiliates or vendors may also collect information in the form of logs on the Site. However, we have no access to, or control over, these log files and do not accept any responsibility for such use.
What Categories of Personal and Sensitive Personal Information We May Collect from Job Applicants, Our Employees, and B2B business.
The above list does not necessarily mean that the Company collects all information listed in a particular category for all job applicants, our employees, and B2B business.
We do not use or disclose Sensitive Personal Information for the purpose of inferring characteristics of consumers, job applicants, employees, and B2B business.
Personal information does not include “publicly available information or lawfully obtained, truthful information that is a matter of public concern.”
Other exceptions to the CCPA include medical information governed by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) or California’s Confidentiality of Medical Information Act, information collected under the Fair Credit Reporting Act and information held by financial institutions.
The Categories of Sources from which Your Personal Information is Collected.
• You or your agents;
• Recruiters, prior employers, professional references, drug testing facilities, licensing and credentialing organizations, or any other parties that interact with us in connection with the products or services we provide.
How We Use Information That We May Collect from Individuals Who Access Any of Our Websites
Company uses your aggregated demographic information in connection with the operation, development, and improvement of our business, the Site and for other uses consistent with this Policy.
Company may use your personal information to communicate with you regarding your inquiries, regarding our services or products, regarding the promotion(s) or contest(s) you have entered, regarding necessary communications on administrative matters involving the Site, or to send you newsletters.
Company may store personal information in secured databases owned and maintained by Company’s affiliates, vendors, agents, or service providers. Thus, Company’s affiliates, vendors, agents, or service providers may have access to your personal information as a result of their duties to Company, but such information shall not be leased, sold, shared, or otherwise provided to other third parties, unless:
• We need to respond to valid legal process. This includes a search warrant, subpoena, or court order, and any other instance when we believe we are required to do so by law.
• We deem it necessary to disclose personal information, in our sole discretion, to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, or to protect the Company’s rights or interests.
• For any other purpose or use, provided we have your consent.
How We Use Personal and Sensitive Personal Information That We May Collect from Job Applicants, Our Employees, and B2B business
We may use personal information for the following purposes:
• Recruiting and retaining employees;
• Complying with applicable state and federal laws, including labor, employment, tax, benefits, workers compensation, disability, equal employment opportunity, workplace safety and related laws;
• Ensuring employee productivity and adherence to the policies;
• Maintaining personnel records;
• Compensation administration and compliance, including payroll, bonuses, reimbursements, etc.;
• Workplace health and safety compliance;
• Facilitating and administering the use of the company’s property and resources;
• Leave of absence administration;
• Investigating complaints, grievances, and suspected violations of policy;
• Employee benefit plan and program administration;
• Providing or receiving products or service to or from your company;
• Providing email alerts, event registrations and other notices concerning our products or services, or events or news that may be of interest to your company;
• Carrying out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between your company and us, including for billing and collections;
• Improving our website and presenting its contents to our clients;
• For testing, research, analysis, and product development;
• As necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property or safety of us, our clients or others;
• Responding to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations; and
• Evaluating or conducting a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us is among the assets transferred.
We may or may not have used personal information about job applicants, our employees, and B2B business for each of the above purposes. The Company does not use or disclose Sensitive Personal Information for the purpose of inferring characteristics of consumers, job applicants, employees, and B2B business.
Categories of Personal Information Business Has Sold or Shared in the Preceding 12 Months.
The Company does not “sell” or “share” personal information within the meaning of the CCPA.
Categories of Personal Information Disclosed for Business Purposes in the Preceding 12 Months.
• Identifiers (for example, social security number, postal address, alien registration number, USCIS number, Form I-94 admission number, and foreign passport number);
• Personal information under Civil Code Section 1798.80 (for example, social security number, address, foreign passport number, and bank account number);
• Characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law (for example, marital status, citizenship, alien registration number, USCIS number, Form I-94 admission number, foreign passport number, race, and sex);
• Professional or employment-related information (for example, absence date, reason for absence, description of job-related injury, and complaints);
• Internet or other similar network activity;
• Sensitive personal information defined under the CCPA (for example, social security number.)
The above list does not necessarily mean that the Company disclose all information listed in a particular category for all job applicants, our employees, and B2B business.
Categories of Third Parties to Whom the Business Discloses Personal and Sensitive Personal Information of Our Employees.
• Our Parent Company
The Company does not disclose to third parties any personal information collected from job applicants and B2B business within the meaning of the CCPA.
Duration of Retention of Personal and Sensitive Personal Information of Job Applicants, Our Employees, and B2B business.
Personal and sensitive personal information and analytics information will not be kept longer than necessary to fulfill the purposes stated in this Notice unless a shorter or longer period is required by California or federal law. Information will be disposed of at the Company’s discretion without notice, subject to applicable laws. If a Job Applicant is hired, the information Job Applicant gave us through the application form may become part of your personnel file and may be used for administrative purposes for the entire duration of employment and for as long as necessary thereafter. If not hired, the Company will retain information of applicants for two years after the record is collected.
Sale or Acquisition of Assets
Various security measures, such as encryption and passwords, are implemented by us or our vendors in accordance with industry standards to protect the security of your personal information as well as sensitive information both online and offline.
For avoidance of doubt, if we provide links to social media platforms, such as Facebook, Instagram or Twitter, and you choose to visit those websites through our links, please note that the personal information you post, transmit or otherwise make available on those websites may be viewed by the general public. Company does not control the user-posted content on its social media homepages and is not responsible for any third party use of your personal information that you have posted, transmitted or otherwise made available there.
Your California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, you may request that we provide to you (i) specific pieces of personal information that we have collected about you, (ii) information about whether we sell or share your personal information, and if so, to whom, (iii) categories of personal information we have collected or disclosed about you, (iv) the purpose for which we collected or disclosed the categories of personal information about you, and (v) the categories of sources from which the personal information is collected. California residents may also request (i) deletion of personal information that Company has collected from the consumer, and such information will be deleted from our records and our service providers’ records within 45 days of receiving your request, (ii) correction of inaccurate information, (iii) opt-out of selling and sharing personal information, and (iv) restriction of use of sensitive personal information for purposes other than as necessary to perform the services or as otherwise permitted by regulation,. However, Company is not required to delete your personal information which falls into the statutory exceptions, such as when it is necessary for the business to maintain the personal information for reasons including but not limited to completing ongoing business transactions, detecting security incidents, enabling solely internal uses and complying with legal obligations.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your rights after you have exercised those rights. Unless permitted by law, in response to exercising your rights, we will not: (1) Deny you goods or services; (2) Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services; (3) Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services; or (4) Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
To submit your request, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (800)-375-8431, Monday through Friday, between 9:00am and 5:00pm PST.
For any reason and at any time you may contact us at the following address: email@example.com. You may also call us at (800)-375-8431, Monday through Friday, between 9:00am and 5:00pm PST.
If you no longer wish to receive communications from Company, you may opt-out of receiving these communications by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or clicking on the “unsubscribe” link within each communication sent by Company, if available.